Thursday 25 July 2013

Kitchener Stitch and the Knitty e-zine

Let me preface this rambling with:

I hate seaming.  I always have when it comes to knitted stuff.

So I can't believe it took me this long to learn about the Kitchener Stitch -- I mean, I was looking for ways to avoid seams in my knitting since I was a teenager.   How did I not know about this?

Ahem.

Anyway, I've finally finished the toe on my Test-Knit socks.  I've just got to do the Kitchenering.  (Spell check insists that is not a word, I disagree!)  But, despite my love of this relatively new technique, it's not second nature to me yet.

So, I hunted through my web history for the tutorial I found last time.  It's nice to have something up on the computer screen for reference, and Knitty is a great resource -- not just for techniques and tutorials, but for patterns, too.  I've already made a few things using patterns from Knitty, and have several more in mind.

You can find most (I'm not sure about all) of the Knitty patterns via Ravelry, and best of all, they're free!

I hope you can find something you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment