Friday 19 July 2013

More Birthday Knitting

So, not only do I have the Birthday Socks, I also have Birthday Gloves.  I started them just tonight for a September Birthday.  Unlike the socks, I intend to give myself lots of time.

I just started the cast-on with 2.25 mm needles.


It's my first major project using Knit Picks Palette, and I have to say, I'm liking it so far.   Shipping to Canada was really quick, (about a week, by my memory) and they actually do Canadian customs/taxes for you so you don't get surprised at the door by customs fees.

I do still prefer local yarns when I can get them.  But, for the cash-conscious, like most of the Knit Picks line, it's not expensive, and if you can make a 75 dollar order, shipping to Canada is 7 dollars.  (In the US shipping is free over 75 dollars!)

So, yes.  I just added to the pile of gifts for knitting.   But these should go together pretty quick, I hope.   They're seamless and knit entirely in the round, so there's no seaming to take up my time, and the ribbing can happen basically on automatic.   The slowest part will be the Fair-Isle, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment