Wednesday 18 September 2013

Knit Night fun!

Well, I went to Knit Night over at The Knit Cafe last night, after a few weeks of not being able to make it.

I got a lot done on my projects, which is great. . . and I came home with more yarn.

I usually don't buy yarn unless I know exactly what it will be, but the two skeins of Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica in "Blue Jay" just kept calling my name!

Once I got it home and had a look through my patterns, I realized it would make a perfect Tweed Hat and Scarf,  yet another pattern from Knitting Everyday Finery. It's a very versatile pattern book! (My only worry is if it pools funny, but I won't know that until I start knitting!)

Going back to the Knit Cafe for a second, I also found out that they will be hosting a class on designing your own sweater in November/December, and I'm really tempted to sign up. I've got a stash of Briggs and Little Softspun that I've got my own sweater idea for, and this might help me figure out exactly how to get the idea I have in my head translated into an actual sweater design.

No comments:

Post a Comment