Tuesday 10 September 2013

Slipper Knitting

Well, first off, I want to say a big 'Thank You' to my readers -- I just passed 1000 page views!

Thank you!


With that out of the way, I started yet another project this morning -- and it's not even a Christmas project.

What -am- I thinking?

Actually, I know exactly what I'm thinking.

My roommate put in a request for a new pair of slippers.  The reason for this is because her old slippers were dying.

Well, they're now -dead-.  They got tossed before I got a picture, but the sole on one slipper was only hanging by a thread, they were both fraying and dying.

I was hoping her slippers would last long enough that I could do some Christmas knitting.  But no, no luck.

When she first asked for new slippers, (back when her slippers had just started to die) I had her pick colour and pattern.

She picked Briggs and Little Atlantic in Scarlet (which was part of this big Briggs and Little order)


And for pattern she picked the Fall Lake Slippers.  It's one of the rare times I purchase patterns on Ravelry, but there wasn't anything else comparable that she or I liked.

Thing is, I don't have slipper soles handy or readily available.  But I do have an older Patons Slipper Pattern that uses a knitted sole.  So I'm just going to use that sole and join it to these slippers.  Shouldn't be too much of an issue, I hope.

So, currently, there's two skeins of "Scarlet" out to be wound on my new swift.  I'm hoping these knit up pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment