Tuesday 31 December 2013

A Yarny Christmas

So I actually got yarn and fiber stuff for Christmas!

I got a ball winder!

No pictures yet, but I'm loving it.  I already balled up several things for new projects, (I like that the cakes of yarn compact better for storage, and I've read that the yarn stores better in a cake and doesn't get stretched out) as well as balling up yarn for current projects.

. . . just don't get over-enthusiastic and try to ball up something that's still attached to your knitting.  I spent most of the morning trying to untangle -that- mistake!

I haven't tried it with the swift yet, but I'm looking forward to when I do.  Also, tucked away in the same gift bag were 3 pretty beaded stitch markers.  I'd never used the ring-style stitch markers before, but they're quite nice to use.

Also, I gave in and ordered another skein of Dream In Colour Smooshy with Cashmere from EatSleepKnit for the Mariah Cardigan, with the last of my Store Credit.  I just really don't think I'll have enough yarn to finish the hood, otherwise.  And considering I won't need much, the rest of it will be a  pair of Knotty or Nice Socks (non Ravelry link here).

Finally, I got in on Tanis Fiber Arts Boxing Day update at her Etsy store.

I got three skeins of the 75/25 Merino Silk Blend in the 'Tropics" Colourway, that is going to become a  Beginner's Triangle from "A Gathering of Lace".  I wanted something that would show off the colour changes.

And that was my yarny Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment