Thursday 19 December 2013

Short Socks

I thought I'd posted this before, but it looks like Blogger ate my post.

So, I also finished the first of the Flying Hearts Socks for a test knit.  It came right down to the night of the 15th.  That's what I get for trying to take on too many things at once, I guess.

Anyway, given both a possible shortage of yarn, and a tightly looming deadline, I made these quite short at the ankle.





I usually wouldn't make them this short, but this way I can wear them with my running shoes in the summer (they're lacy enough I wouldn't want to wear them in the winter).

Also, I found that while people suggest the elastic bind-off for toe-up socks, as you can see from the photo, it's actually a touch too big and didn't contract enough.  They do still stay up ok, which is the important part, though.   I think I'll stick with the cable bind-off for my toe-up socks from now on, unless it really looks like they're going to be tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment