Friday 10 January 2014

Completed the Quest for New, Warm Fuzzy Slippers

Yeay for quick-knit projects to help me use up my overflowing yarn cupboard.  Even better when I get warm feet out of the deal.

Anyway. . . 

The Purple Purl put up a 'Slipper Quest', both in their Newsletter, and on Ravelry.

And here is my (finished already) contribution, in the form of my Lollipop Slippers.

They're a DROPS pattern, that I tweaked, and they're done in bulky-weight yarn (In my case, I did them in a skein of Misti Alpaca Handpainted that I got at the Purple Purl's Pre-Boxing Day Sale.)

The pattern did come out a touch big, hence the addition of a crochet edging and the twisted cord laces.   But they're absurdly warm, which is great with the cold weather we've been having.

Also, they're my first entry into the 12in2014 challenge for this year.  Yeay!

No comments:

Post a Comment