Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Other Half of the Sock-Along

Well, I finally finished the first of the Elementary Watson Socks.  They're only a season late, right? 


The pattern is actually quite awesome, and it is free, but the woman's size knits up big.  A lot of people in the Sock-Along found too big, sadly.  I have small feet, but I also knit these at tighter tension then the pattern calls for, and it worked out ok, even if they are a touch long in the foot. 

Anyway, I've started in on the toe of sock number two, and I must say, they seem to be knitting up faster this time.

I've had lots of knitting time, since I finally got Sim City 4 to work on Windows 7 (and that took a lot of fiddling, let me tell you!)  I've also been doing a lot of knitting to Babylon 5, since I've got a bunch of upcoming deadlines for things that need to be done.

However, I'm looking forward to this Friday. Assuming all works out with getting a reservation, I have a date night on Valentines Day!  (Ok, it's sappy, yes, but I'm still looking forward to it.  We're making it a treat and going to a seafood place, so it should be tasty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment